Friday, October 15, 2010

Letter to the Industry

Hit me with all the copyright infringement claims that you want...  You're only hurting yourself.

This blog is not about piracy, and I will never post full albums.  The purpose is to expose people to new music.  If they like it, an artist might just have a new fan for life.  It's time to face reality - the music business has changed.  Look at Drake - he came up off of free music.  Same thing with Chiddy Bang.  Even Kanye is on board with it.  The internet has taken over, so stop worrying about blogs like we're the ones hurting your pockets.  I buy albums when I support the artist.  Music blogs just give me an opportunity to find more artists/groups to support.  That's all I'm trying to do.  Provide a forum for people to discover new music.  So if you want to try and shut me/us down, fuck you.

P.S. If anyone is an artist or has a friend on the come-up, I will post their music (as long as they don't completely suck).  Because that's what this is about - music.

No comments:

Post a Comment